Friday, October 15, 2010

SLATER CLAIMS RIP CURL PRO PORTUGAL

 See his body's position catching the wave!
 A smile is a curve that sets everything in line =)

Moment of joy!

It was a great day in Portugal as Kelly Slater took out Jordy Smith in  the Finals and  claimed his 44th Elite Tour Win at the Rip Curl Pro  Portugal, in glassy 3-to-5 foot waves at Supertubos. Kelly remains the  ASP World Tour rankings leader as he heads to Puerto Rico for the ninth  stop on the ASP "Dream Tour" with a strong possibility of clinching his  10th World Title in one of the next two events.

"It's obviously a very big deal for me," Slater said. "If it happens, it  will be a major accomplishment for me in my life. I'm fortunate to have  an amazing circle of friends around me: my girlfriend Kalani, Belly  (Stephen Bell), Travis (Lee) and a bunch of others. Today's win puts me  another step closer and we'll see what happens in Puerto Rico."

Also moving up the ASP rankings during this event was Quiksilver's  Jeremy Flores, who matched his best result of the year today, posting an  Equal 3rd. Unable to overtake a rampaging Smith in their Semifinal bout,  Flores remained content with his result, moving from 20th to 15th on the  ASP World Title Race rankings.

"It's been a good contest for me for sure," Flores said. "I've been  readjusting my approach to surfing and focusing on the things that work  best for me. I think it helped a lot here in Portugal and I'm stoked  with moving up on the rankings. Hopefully I can get some more good  results before the year is out."

The next stop on the ASP World Tour is the Rip Curl Pro Puerto Rico,  October 30- November 12.The title race is down to two surfers, Kelly and Jordy Smith.
Here is how it can happen- 
If Kelly Slater gets 3rd or better next event he wins.
If Kelly Slater gets a 5th or 9th then Jordy has to win the event to. 
If Kelly Slater gets a 13th or 25th then Jordy has to get 3rd or better. 

Feeling excited? Stay tuned, we will keep you posted for the next event!

No comments:

Post a Comment